You can call me Ray (Gomez)

I have an old shrapnel compil where he's playing some kind of blues shuffle at total warp speed... very impressive player with a great right hand !! Great tone too... 8)

this is the best *new* stuff i've seen/heard in a LONG time-his tone is inpirational for such a simple rig. of all the years i've heard of this guy, i've only heard a couple of pretty mild tunes of his.

thanks for these awesome vids C!

now go make your soldano sound EXacTLY like his!

>|<>QBB<
carlygtr56":871c3 said:
Quick aside. Ed posted Ray at TGP. Outside of a few, the comments were directed at his hair, clothes, look, etc.
It's cool to see on this forum, guys who don't listen to or never heard this type of playing, at least check it out and it seems most dig it.

I have alot of material on Ray and there is not alot officially released. His improv skills and his lines are what kill me. The opening salvo of notes in West Side Boogie is sick.
You can see why the late Shawn Lane covered this tune.

Guys like Ray, that improvise and take chances live, are a lost breed, IMO.
Man, that is pissing me off to no end too.

>|<>QBB<
mentoneman":52042 said:
this is the best *new* stuff i've seen/heard in a LONG time-his tone is inpirational for such a simple rig. of all the years i've heard of this guy, i've only heard a couple of pretty mild tunes of his.

thanks for these awesome vids C!

now go make your soldano sound EXacTLY like his!
There IS a reason why Ray influenced guys like Beck, Henderson, Shawn lane, etc...
I transcribed the intro to Smoking A Shuffle a while back.
The fingerings are so i can play it, becuase his fingerings give me a jumbled know in the left hand. The guys right hand is so strong that he can slternate pick stuff I have to sweep or slur...
http://eddegenaro.com/licks/raysmoking.jpg

Ha ! that Westside boogie makes to go and jump around and laugh like crazy ! Greatgreatgreat....

Giga.

Thanks a lot for posting th additional stuff.

I really like his playing. His right hand is AGGRESSIVE as hell for what he is doing... takes a lot of balls and TREMENDOUS skill to be that aggressive.

Even though I am a metal head through and through, some of my favorite guitarists are outside that genre... and I think Ray may be right in that group now.

I gotta find more of his stuff to put on my ipod 8)

Back