Another attempt at Fusion

This shit is new to me but I always wanted to jam with a keyboard player..
Sounds good, strong Tele influence in there :cool:

Some of the fusiony Kotzen and Greg Howe stuff is insane. I geeked out pretty hard on Scott Henderson , Gambale and that stuff way back, Chick Correa Elektric Band show I went to was still one of the most insane displays of talent I've ever seen.

So then.. Jazz Fusion isn't real popular on an 80's Hair Band Message Board?? LOL
Timing....check this epic shit show thread over at TGP re Polyphia guitarist Tim Henson's comments re "Boomer Vends"

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...-on-tim-hensons-boomer-bends-comment.2304797/
I had a buddy send me a link to that kid playing some solo stuff, very Mateus Asato style and it was cool, small doses listening though. This thread made me dig into Polyphia a bit and they're kinda cool, modern day fusion shred I would have to say. Very much reminds me of the early Shrapnel stuff with Greg Howe, Tony Macalpine, Michael Lee Firkins.

Never heard of the guy.. Not my style I guess.. Rap and hip hop vibes.. Eww. Call me old.
Kid seems real out there covered in tattoos already.. But he's riding a wave so I don't blame him.

Any critiques on TONE?
Brightness in general I tried to be stay in the lane of the overall mix..
That said,
you hate it?
to much gain?
needs more gain?
to much mids?
to little mids?
needs more cowbell?

Mix sounds fine. Levels seem good. Your guitar tone is a little dry but sits well in the mix. I like your vibrato and your patient soloing fits the jam nicely. I'm not a fusion guy but over all it sounds like a not too crazy fusion jazz jam. Good work.

Honestly, I feel the saturation and mids are perfect man; pokes out with class.

Really dig the Clavinet parts too.

Mix sounds fine. Levels seem good. Your guitar tone is a little dry but sits well in the mix. I like your vibrato and your patient soloing fits the jam nicely. I'm not a fusion guy but over all it sounds like a not too crazy fusion jazz jam. Good work.
Thanks man, I can handle that. I was using a Fryette SigX, so I guess the openess of those amps comes off as dry..
I plug strait in to the amp so no extra gain or coloration with a buzz box. But maybe that extra level of gain is what people want. Just putting out feelers..

Honestly, I feel the saturation and mids are perfect man; pokes out with class.

Really dig the Clavinet parts too.
That dude is from the Netherlands and is a beast on the Keys..

Thanks for the positive comment. I'm trying for some detailed mids, but not to bright. To much and to loud in the mix is like a spike in the ear.

not a "fusion" guy, maybe...love some funk though. this has a bit of a funk feel to me.
anyway....
the bassline harkens me back to early Steely Dan days (think Peg)...actually the chord progressions, mix, et al, have a SD feel to it (for/to me)

nice work... sounds good. i like Fret-Shredders take on the guitar tracks

Last edited:
Back