Budda

Meathead

I've played them several times and have been wanting a Budda SD18 combo for a long while.
I waited patiently and finally found a used one on Craigslist. It's the pre-Peavey version in minty condition.

Great amp! It's going to see a lot of live use. :rock:

file.php

Attachments

• IMG_4237.JPG
    IMG_4237.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,865
Oh man I can't wait to hear your clips of this little beauty! I am currently on the hunt for a low watt head and have my sights on a JCA22h, but I'm betting this would do nicely as well.

Nice score. I have to crack up when people search high and low for a warm gainy-yet-smooth tone with a good master volume and spend thousands to get there. Meanwhile all these SD18s are sitting out there unloved and fit the bill perfectly...

tweed":2jf9x4mf said:
Oh man I can't wait to hear your clips of this little beauty! I am currently on the hunt for a low watt head and have my sights on a JCA22h, but I'm betting this would do nicely as well.
It's still in my living room for me to play on a lot (honeymoon phase), but I'll post up a clip once I drag it down to the basement studio.
Try one, but beware, you will want one. :D

Randy Van Sykes":24qtgwn4 said:
tweed":24qtgwn4 said:
It's still in my living room for me to play on a lot (honeymoon phase), but I'll post up a clip once I drag it down to the basement studio.

Alright, enough of the taunting, put down your girlie man coffee drink, haul that thing to the basement and make some clips already :gethim:

ratter":2tj5gu5g said:
Nice score. I have to crack up when people search high and low for a warm gainy-yet-smooth tone with a good master volume and spend thousands to get there. Meanwhile all these SD18s are sitting out there unloved and fit the bill perfectly...
For sure.
I hooked up the Nova System to the loop for some delay and such, but the amp is voiced so nicely that I hate to add any effects at all as it doesn't need to be greased, lead playing is effortless when it's totally dry.

tweed":f4d1429f said:
Randy Van Sykes":f4d1429f said:
tweed":f4d1429f said:

Alright, enough of the taunting, put down your girlie man coffee drink, haul that thing to the basement and make some clips already :gethim:
No.
For the honeymoon phase it stays upstairs with me so I can have my way with it at will. :D

A local guy (sex panther at HC) has been gigging with one for years and he loves it. He gets great tones out of it.

Randy Van Sykes":1v6y5ebi said:
tweed":1v6y5ebi said:
Randy Van Sykes":1v6y5ebi said:
tweed":1v6y5ebi said:

No.
For the honeymoon phase it stays upstairs with me so I can have my way with it at will. :D

Oh, I can see this marriage is going to last......NOT. :LOL: :LOL: :D

I've always been curious about these amps as I read they are voiced a bit dark and I like dark. I've also read about trouble when playing live about getting a good volume balance between the clean and gain channels and related fixes for that issue. How exactly do you adjust the volume of each channel? It's not apparent just from looking at the knobs.

Randy Van Sykes":i26oc6yp said:
tweed":i26oc6yp said:
Randy Van Sykes":i26oc6yp said:
tweed":i26oc6yp said:

No.
I'm curious to hear it, too...

If you take it to the basement, you can do unspeakable things without fear of neighbors seeing the perversion. Just sayin'... ;)

tweed":1pmm5pmk said:
Randy Van Sykes":1pmm5pmk said:
Randy Van Sykes":1pmm5pmk said:

No.

Oh, I can see this marriage is going to last......NOT. :LOL: :LOL: :D
:LOL: :LOL:

Drew":1usqwpec said:
I've always been curious about these amps as I read they are voiced a bit dark and I like dark. I've also read about trouble when playing live about getting a good volume balance between the clean and gain channels and related fixes for that issue. How exactly do you adjust the volume of each channel? It's not apparent just from looking at the knobs.
Not sure what the problem would be balancing the levels. It has a preamp gain control for the dirty channel and a level control for the clean channel and an overall master volume. I just set the clean channel to match the dirty channel's volume, works fine. They sound nice when switching back and forth, I have no problem with the shared EQ. If you want just slight breakup roll down the volume on the guitar, the dirty channel reacts great to this, best I've heard.
I notice my footswitch has been modded to include LED lights...blue for the clean channel, red for the gain channel. I guess the stock switch doesn't tell you which channel you are on.
It's definitely not voiced bright, but it's not too dark either (for me at least) it's something you'll love or hate judging by comments I see on the forums.

file.php

Attachments

• budda pedal.JPG
    budda pedal.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,789
IndyWS6":1novj23h said:
Randy Van Sykes":1novj23h said:
tweed":1novj23h said:
Randy Van Sykes":1novj23h said:
tweed":1novj23h said:

No.
I'm curious to hear it, too...

If you take it to the basement, you can do unspeakable things without fear of neighbors seeing the perversion. Just sayin'... ;)
True...and the curtains are drawn...

Nice score. Budda and a Wolfgang are a great combo. I've alway wanted that turn down the volume for clean turn up for drive to work for me. The only combination I found that actually did it was a Wolfgang standard into a Budda SD30.
Wish I had kept both. :D
HNAD :rock:

rbasaria":1k77mf45 said:
Nice. HNAD!! Ive been wanting a budda since I saw lanceanots videos.
Thanks...yup, the Lancinator made me look at Budda's closer ....and Vrad. Vlad kept telling me it was made for me (knowing the tones I like).
Not a lot of people play them, and I've never seen players locally use them.

Back