DJ Asba -Sixx am

gtr31

Is Actually pretty good.
I picked up the new Sixx AM "Prayers for the Damned" and the guitar playing on it surprised me .
DJ looks a little freaky and glam and does whammy a bit much at times but when he actually does solo ,(which is pretty much every song) he has some very melodic lines.
Reminds me a bit of Slash and Tom Morello .but his note choices are great on a lot of the solos and he can shred pretty well to .
The album kinda blew me away ,in todays music where it seems most hide from playing solos Sixx Am has them in spades and its a great record IMO

I have the last album and it pretty much sucks, so it's interesting to read good stuff about the new one. Might need to check it out..

neilli":3tuz5blb said:
I have the last album and it pretty much sucks, so it's interesting to read good stuff about the new one. Might need to check it out..

Modern Vintage is the one that doesn't fit .Prayers picks up from This is gonna Hurt and the Heroin diaries ,but IMO surpasses both those records ,It their best to date .

If you hated Modern Vintage as many did you can purchase this one with peace of minds. ,It a rock record through and through

Oh, OK, got it wrong - I thought they'd only done Heroin Diaries (which is the one I think sucks balls), didn't realise there were others..

I'm an 80's metalhead and admit that I struggle sometimes getting into newer bands/music but I'm trying to get better about it. I have the older song "Life is Beautiful" and just got "Rise". I think both are great songs. I struggle with newer stuff because it is so polished and perfect and a lot of bands start to sound similar. I think it is great though that it is cool to see DJ Ashba and Nikki Sixx able to put cool music out as they are getting older.

The first two CDs were downright awesome MV was pretty ass. The new cd is great but wears on my ears after 6 or 7 songs. DJ totally picked up his game on this cd.

Heroin Diaries is great. I read the book first and then listening to the album really gave it great meaning to me. I like the guitar work.
I didn't really get into the second one and had no idea there was a third. So I'll have to catch up on what these guys have out now.
I like DJs playing. He had some really cool stuff with Beautiful Creatures too.

I liked him alot on Beautiful Creatures.
He really is a cool guy. I bought a guitar off him (the skull and chains that is inside the lynch Pilson album)
And we used to talk quite a bit. Haven't contacted him in years though.

Back