Guitar Sound or Tone you are bored with?

its more about getting it done fast and cheap. Same drum samples, same tones, same song structures, etc.
That's why I'm using MT Powerkit 2 drum samples...because I'm sure next to nobody is actually using that for their final production lol. Anyone who is "professional" and using drum samples on their album are certainly using Slate drums or Superior Drummer.

So in that sense I'll be different lol.

Yep. My Friend Randy isn't there any longer so the place has gone down hill. I miss the days when M.A.E. Had all the GREAT Guitars. I own 3 Les Pauls i bought from MAE.

I got my Ground Control Pro from MAE in the 00’s, I got to see the tail end of their greatness. Not sure if you knew Ralph, the repair tech there, but he fucking butchered my JEM and permanently fucked it up when re-fretting it. Chunks missing from the fingerboard, I get that it’s ebony, but fucking fill them in after, frets weren’t crowned or leveled, he literally just installed new frets (I’ve never had to ask for a level/crown when getting a re-fret before) but the permanent damage was him taking all the tension off the truss rod and not putting it back after.

As soon as I picked it up I was disheartened, I sure as fuck wasn’t going to demand the guy who fucked up start attempting to fix it. I also assumed tension was put back on the truss rod, so when I left it in the case for about a year and didn’t touch it while I found a trustworthy tech, the truss rod nut sank into the truss rod route. If you want to adjust the rod now you need one guy pushing the body straight down on a flat surface while another guy pulls the headstock towards the floor while attempting to get the wrench around the nut with a fucking hammer. But I got a great guy here now if you’re still in the area!

I got my Ground Control Pro from MAE in the 00’s, I got to see the tail end of their greatness. Not sure if you knew Ralph, the repair tech there, but he fucking butchered my JEM and permanently fucked it up when re-fretting it. Chunks missing from the fingerboard, I get that it’s ebony, but fucking fill them in after, frets weren’t crowned or leveled, he literally just installed new frets (I’ve never had to ask for a level/crown when getting a re-fret before) but the permanent damage was him taking all the tension off the truss rod and not putting it back after.

As soon as I picked it up I was disheartened, I sure as fuck wasn’t going to demand the guy who fucked up start attempting to fix it. I also assumed tension was put back on the truss rod, so when I left it in the case for about a year and didn’t touch it while I found a trustworthy tech, the truss rod nut sank into the truss rod route. If you want to adjust the rod now you need one guy pushing the body straight down on a flat surface while another guy pulls the headstock towards the floor while attempting to get the wrench around the nut with a fucking hammer. But I got a great guy here now if you’re still in the area!
i know Ralph. He did the Worst Set up i've ever had. i'm still local, in Boynton Beach. Who do you use?

i know Ralph. He did the Worst Set up i've ever had. i'm still local, in Boynton Beach. Who do you use?

Mitch Weismann, he’s in Sunrise. Was Dan Spitz’ go-to guy before he got into the watch business. Mitch is awesome, he encourages you to sit there with him as he details everything he’s doing and looking for. I had just started teaching myself to re-fret at the time and I was hoping I’d be able to sit in while he was doing the work, so I was stoked when he just started pouring info out and making me get up to see what he was seeing/looking for. All the little detail shit that requires fucking up re-frets before getting it right.

I’m down on Commercial/Dixie in Oakland Park, we’ll have to grab a beer sometime, man!

Mitch Weismann, he’s in Sunrise. Was Dan Spitz’ go-to guy before he got into the watch business. Mitch is awesome, he encourages you to sit there with him as he details everything he’s doing and looking for. I had just started teaching myself to re-fret at the time and I was hoping I’d be able to sit in while he was doing the work, so I was stoked when he just started pouring info out and making me get up to see what he was seeing/looking for. All the little detail shit that requires fucking up re-frets before getting it right.

I’m down on Commercial/Dixie in Oakland Park, we’ll have to grab a beer sometime, man!
i know Mitch, I've known of him since i was 16. He used to work on the guitars of a local band i worked for.

If I have to hear about someone's new Fender Tone Master I'm going to explode. Today's tone master, yesterdays' Boss hunk of modeling crap, the day before the stupid Mustang Fenders, and before that those Rolands. "My fanboi flavor of the week junk amp collection". You find out a co-worker plays and get excited only to have him tell you he has all these amps in his collection plus some sweet chinese epiphone les paul studios. Wanna jam? NO!

Real Tone Masters has blonde tolex and tubes, ahem!

i know Mitch, I've known of him since i was 16. He used to work on the guitars of a local band i worked for.

Right on! My buddy Wayne (massive BC Rich fanatic, used to play in Edge Of Anger, a band I took over on vocals for around 2012 before it imploded, they were around since the 90’s from what I understand) brought one of the guitars Mitch worked on to practice and between the fretwork and setup I was sold.

Right on! My buddy Wayne (massive BC Rich fanatic, used to play in Edge Of Anger, a band I took over on vocals for around 2012 before it imploded, they were around since the 90’s from what I understand) brought one of the guitars Mitch worked on to practice and between the fretwork and setup I was sold.
I used to work for a Band Called Amboog-A-Lard that were really popular back in the 90's that's when i met him. I Actiually lost track of him for a few years until a mutual friend told me he was still around.

god you guys are bringing back memories... I went to the MAE there regularly when I was going to FIU.. I remember them having some cool used amps and I believe they were a Laney dealer, they had full stacks of the GH00L's when they came out in 94ish? good times

Maybe I'm the only one, but I can't stand Pantera. There, I've said it. :boxer:

I've tried to force myself to like it but just can't do it. Tiresome, thrashy noise with whiny vocals and a general vibe of all-around douchiness.

That said, if I were forced to choose I would take Pantera over anything nu metal, though...

Last edited:
Maybe I'm the only one, but I can't stand Pantera. There, I've said it. :boxer:

I've tried to force myself to like it but just can't do it. Tiresome, thrashy noise with whiny vocals and a general vibe of all-around douchiness.

That said, if I were forced to choose I would take Pantera over anything nu metal, though...
My Thing with Pantera is that after a while i got REALLY Bored. same with Metallica, After the Black album i just lost interest. Pantera as a band bored me after a while. the only shining light in that whole band was DIME and his playing. The albums just started to bore me & Phil has always annoyed me. he's just cheesy & if he wasn't in Pantera people would write him off as just another redneck.

The EVH sound when he started using chorus or that doubling Eventide sound or whatever that shitty processed sound is...

I’m bored of new bands with the same compressed a e fx tone and the same drum samples , it’s so bad. I’m ready for bands to bring back real drums sounds . And use real amps
I’d also like to see more raw performances/recordings. Less drum quantizing, less vocal editing, less compression. Less perfection. Throw some mistakes in there. Make it human.

I’d also like to see more raw performances/recordings. Less drum quantizing, less vocal editing, less compression. Less perfection. Throw some mistakes in there. Make it human.
Me too . It refreshing to the ears now

In some ways, bands aren’t going to ever sound like they did before. Some bands are already back to recording real drums and using amps but people still assume they’re using samples and quantizing the shit out of everything because it’s the standard.

A few years back my buddy (drummer) was hired to play for this younger blues kid from Canada, Luke something. He played me a recording and I busted balls about the ”obvious” autotune I heard on his voice, buddy says “That’s not autotune, he’s doing that on purpose, he does it in rehearsal too” The dude just started singing shit he heard and replicated it. Guy has a ridiculous sense of pitch, I was totally wrong.

Listen to drummers from 30 years ago and today, there’s a HUGE difference in playing styles and abilities and believe it or not, some drummers don’t need to be quantized because they’re so damn tight as it is it’s pointless. My biggest gripe with Mike Mangini is the dude is so flawless he sounds like a Superior Drummer. The dude from Trivium, Alex Bent, is a fucking beast as well and the drum sound they got on their 2nd to last album is fantastic…..people still thought it was samples.

What's wrong with rednecks?
Nothing unless they the Racist type. Perfect example would be my family in Huntsville & Arab Alabama that hates anyone that's not white....Mainly cause they were raised to, not from any real world experience. you know the type of people who "worship god & read the good book" while wishing people of color "would die & burn in hell" these are direct quotes from my family.

Back