I think this will be the last concert I attend....

  • Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
That's how I feel about NFL games.
I stopped watching in August of 2016 when that clown Coleen Kaepernick started kneeling for the anthem and the NFL did nothing to stop it. In hindsight, I think CK did it because he knew Alex Smith built the winning offense for the 49rs and CK just rode the wave. He was failing on his own merit and he knew it, so he had to make his demotion about politics and play the victim (He is the one who perpetuated it).For several years afterwards, CK cried that no one would hire him due to his politics and a few teams offered him a tryout and he shit the bed.
 
Thank you in advance for not posting about that show


Screenshot_20260818_190304_Google~2.jpg



What is crazy is I saw a lot of the early Motley shows at Hollywood clubs. Vince was a stud and was the pied piper of women. Now, he reminds of Bumble the abominable snowman...

Very sad....
 
Last edited:
A friend asked me if there was any artists I wanted to see. It's been over 25 years since I went to an actual ticketed event. He hooked me up with some free concert tickets via ticketmaster. The show is tonight. I had to create a ticketmaster account, then had to download a ticketmaster app onto my phone, then I had to download the venue app onto my phone to view the tickets. That's after setting up email and bs on my phone cause I don't use "apps" or any of that stuff except talk and text. Took about an hour to set it all up and actually view the tickets. Then I gotta make sure my phone is all charged up before I go because "your phone is your ticket". It's a long drive to the venue, then parking in the area can run $50 or more, up to nearly $70. Once inside, all merch and concessions is cashless so my $ can't even buy me a damn t-shirt.

What a freakin' clown world man. Had I known all the bs involved I wouldn't even have accepted the tickets tbh. I can't believe people go along with this shit routinely. I guess I'm gonna go since dude went thru the hassle of getting the tickets and me and the old lady almost never do anything together since most of our ducats go into music, music gear, and house projects...
Tracks. Last time I went to purchase tickets, they "Accidentally" ran the card 3 times and then hit me with the "48-72 hour refund.... It was $2k.

All that joy and $38 beers? I'm good.
 
Prepare to possibly be super disappointed. I took my mother-in-law last Thursday to the Santana/Doobie Bros show since he's her all time favorite. Doobie was solid. Santana was fucking lame. He sat on a stool for 80% of the show and he phoned in his performance. Super sloppy, near intelligible lead playing and just like he didn't even care to play. Never was a big fan and I lost any little respect I had for him to begin with.
Pretty accurate assessment overall. Doobies were decent. McDonald's voice really soared and filled the venue which tbh was probably the most impressive part of the show. Huge voice. Carlos' guitar and his wife on the drums also was prominent in the mix. Most of the rest of the band was mush from our seats. Bassist took a solo, couldn't hear shit of what he was doing.

Santana sat most of the show. Lot of semi sloppy lead work. Not disappointed, that's kind of par for the course for Santana per youtube vids in recent years. Dude had a ton of gain going. Overall sound quality was pretty lame in the nosebleeds, which was expected. $12.75 tallboy budweisers, not too bad. $35 dollar parking. All in all I got out for less than a hundred bucks.
 
I don’t like to even imagine having grown up and not been running around barefoot in the grass watching basically free concerts and other events with my parents and others over the yrs. The money grab and logistics are awful and so much is being lost.
 
Pretty accurate assessment overall. Doobies were decent. McDonald's voice really soared and filled the venue which tbh was probably the most impressive part of the show. Huge voice. Carlos' guitar and his wife on the drums also was prominent in the mix. Most of the rest of the band was mush from our seats. Bassist took a solo, couldn't hear shit of what he was doing.

Santana sat most of the show. Lot of semi sloppy lead work. Not disappointed, that's kind of par for the course for Santana per youtube vids in recent years. Dude had a ton of gain going. Overall sound quality was pretty lame in the nosebleeds, which was expected. $12.75 tallboy budweisers, not too bad. $35 dollar parking. All in all I got out for less than a hundred bucks.
Did he sign and bless the Loafers or what ???
 
Did he sign and bless the Loafers or what ???
I thought about chasing him down in the back near where the tour buses park but the old lady had to work this morning and I'm not 15 anymore so I just said heck with it and left a little early so we could beat the rush outta there.

I would say it was about 95% sold out. David Mathews was on keys for Carlos. He was Chris Cain's touring keyboard player and got scooped up by Santana about 15 years ago. Dude's a monster and Cain's band ain't been the same since he left. The new guy does not play with the strident urgency of Mathews.
 
I thought about chasing him down in the back near where the tour buses park but the old lady had to work this morning and I'm not 15 anymore so I just said heck with it and left a little early so we could beat the rush outta there.

I would say it was about 95% sold out. David Mathews was on keys for Carlos. He was Chris Cain's touring keyboard player and got scooped up by Santana about 15 years ago. Dude's a monster and Cain's band ain't been the same since he left. The new guy does not play with the strident urgency of Mathews.
did you have huge sign ??........ " Hey Carlos !!! Sign my Santanas "

bet he would have stopped in the middle of Black Magic Woman to sign them .... and then told you Miles Davis would have loved that color
 
did you have huge sign ??........ " Hey Carlos !!! Sign my Santanas "

bet he would have stopped in the middle of Black Magic Woman to sign them .... and then told you Miles Davis would have loved that color
I don't think he glanced at the upper deck once last night. I was getting BB King in the 2000's vibes, mostly, that of a tired guy trying to make a few more bucks. He's 79 so I get it. Def not the Santana from the late 70's and 80's when he was on fire.
 
He had that nice gold leafed PRS single cut the whole show and looked like he was plugged into a Mesa MK combo fed into a 4x12. I could basically hear his actual guitar over the line array since it was pointed in my general direction. That was cool.
 
I don't think he glanced at the upper deck once last night. I was getting BB King in the 2000's vibes, mostly, that of a tired guy trying to make a few more bucks. He's 79 so I get it. Def not the Santana from the late 70's and 80's when he was on fire.
I love Santana ...... but yeah .... the brink of 80 years old ..... got to be tough
 
I love Santana ...... but yeah .... the brink of 80 years old ..... got to be tough
He's a couple weeks younger than my old man and the old man has slowed down somewhat the past few years.

I do think this is my last ticketmaster event. Just not worth the cost and hassle....
 
He's a couple weeks younger than my old man and the old man has slowed down somewhat the past few years.

I do think this is my last ticketmaster event. Just not worth the cost and hassle....
with the money you can spend on a show these days ...... I would use it on a real nice widescreen and just youtube the full show in 4K .... and sit in my own living room .... piss in my own toilet ... smoke till I can't see the TV ....

I think people that say " but I'll be there " don't get it ..... it's not the same anymore .... I couldn't feel more detached from a show ...another thing I guess technology has sort of ruined

small club shows is where it's at for me
 
small club shows is where it's at for me
I've always felt this way outside of general admission blues fests and stuff where you could work your way to the stage. Problem is all the big stacks of speakers are pussy little line arrays now that do not have the impact an old school 70's-80's-90's era concert did.....
 
I've always felt this way outside of general admission blues fests and stuff where you could work your way to the stage. Problem is all the big stacks of speakers are pussy little line arrays now that do not have the impact an old school 70's-80's-90's era concert did.....
my first show ... when I was 15 ... AC DC ...... Who made Who Tour .... I remember sitting in awe with everytime the kick drum hit .... literally felt like getting punched in the chest ...... then they did the cannons for " those about to rock " Holy shit I was hooked after that .... and still don't think I've been to a louder show ... maybe the first time I saw Metallica ... that was pretty F-ing loud
 
my first show ... when I was 15 ... AC DC ...... Who made Who Tour .... I remember sitting in awe with everytime the kick drum hit .... literally felt like getting punched in the chest ...... then they did the cannons for " those about to rock " Holy shit I was hooked after that .... and still don't think I've been to a louder show ... maybe the first time I saw Metallica ... that was pretty F-ing loud
Yeah, IOW, awesome. I hit the bayfront blues fest a couple times cause it was in the town my grandparents lived and was free/cheap and I was a broke kid. The late 90's show had speaker stacks 25 feet in the air and there were bikers right in front of them roughing up some dude who looked like he stepped out of a 50's greaser movie. Dude didn't have a belt and was holding his pants up with one hand dancing, his beer in the other, cig in his mouth, and his ass crack was occasionally popping out part way which pissed them off since there were kids there so even though the bikers were red faced drunks too they were mad about that guy. :LOL:
 
Yeah, IOW, awesome. I hit the bayfront blues fest a couple times cause it was in the town my grandparents lived and was free/cheap and I was a broke kid. The late 90's show had speaker stacks 25 feet in the air and there were bikers right in front of them roughing up some dude who looked like he stepped out of a 50's greaser movie. Dude didn't have a belt and was holding his pants up with one hand dancing, his beer in the other, cig in his mouth, and his ass crack was occasionally popping out part way which pissed them off since there were kids there so even though the bikers were red faced drunks too they were mad about that guy. :LOL:
We used to call that " the white boy shuffle " over here in New England ...... there was one at every show !!! Lmfao
 
with the money you can spend on a show these days ...... I would use it on a real nice widescreen and just youtube the full show in 4K .... and sit in my own living room .... piss in my own toilet ... smoke till I can't see the TV ....

I think people that say " but I'll be there " don't get it ..... it's not the same anymore .... I couldn't feel more detached from a show ...another thing I guess technology has sort of ruined

small club shows is where it's at for me


i was about to make a thread the other day asking if i was the only one that felt this way. Id have to get paid myself to want to deal with everything that goes into an arena show these days between pricing, NYC traffic to any of the bigger venues, parking, $15 beers and whatever else. my studio with my monitors and sub, my whisky and weed and my own shitter is where its at. i dont know why more bands, maybe some do this and im not aware, let me watch that nights concert for $5 or something, id pay and watch
 
Back
Top