Lynch is struggling again..

Kapo_Polenton

I know this latest tour has been plagued with rotating singers but here he has a young band do a tune with him and just like the other vids i have seen, he's behind the ball lead wise with his timing and phrasing. In short, after refinding his form the past few years, he sounds shitty in my opinion. Glad i saw him when he was cooking a few years back. He is definitely " off" again. Singer in this one sounds petty good though. Thoughts?

Looks like he was handed a guitar with too long of a strap and was having a hard time with the guitar being too low. Once he did the Petrucci foot on the monitor he did better. Besides the fact that he must be close to 70.

Yeah, he spoke with the guy that handed him the guitar right afterwards!!

Screenshot 2022-07-26 220842.jpg

Well, don't let it happen again especially since my guitar tech Jerry would never have set it up that way!!

I read somewhere recently that George’s daily playing routine no longer involves specific or dedicated ‘practice’ - that he essentially plugs in a guitar and starts noodling around until the blood is flowing then plays whatever sounds good for as long as he feels like playing. That’s a very good way to develop a personal ‘style’ and a sense of melody.

It’s very hard to stay emotionally excited about repetitious technique exercises after literally decades playing any instrument. But for styles that are chops-heavy, I do think it makes a difference. Even if it doesn’t take as many daily hours of that sh*t as it does early on when one is learning, I do think it shows in your playing if you can force yourself to maintain a certain dedicated technique regimen so all those stylistic licks and melodies flow easily.

Reactions: Geo
Hey, dont shoot the messenger..this is a guitar forum where we talk about guitars and guitar players after all. There have been many of these threads for a reason here...but i'd say he is a guy that really has to be into it for things to flow. Hes certainly no Schenker who night after night gets it done that's for sure! 😜

I've seen 20 vids of him in the last 30 days. 10 are awesome, 10 are WTF.

He thinks he is Jeff Beck, and it's cool to be off half the time.

Whatever. Lynch is the fucking man. I'd give back your moms virginity to play like him for 10 minutes.
if she gets her virginity back, can I get her number?

Another one of those great 80's players that never evolved, only declined.

That was terrible all the way around IMO.

There have been many of these threads for a reason here...

and that oddly fascinates me cause i cant figure out why?? like i said ive been reading this same thread constantly for 20 years, is it really a surprise hes still sounding like shit?? is it really that much of a thrill on the rare occasion he is "on"? why do people make so many excuses for him? i honestly hope these threads never stop, it would be odd not having them around :LOL:

I dont think its terrible...vince neil like "shit"...
He is obviously struggling with the guitars height...
He can get the tremolo arm clearly....and he is opening his legs like a pro in gymnastics...

it was ok for me...remember the shirtless live with the gibson junior...where you could see his arse...playing bluesy-shitty shit ...

Maybe being cocaine hyped ass good for his playing and now that he is straight, he gets jittery like me. I wish I could play like him on a bad night

Back