NAD! Vht d120

mchn13":3ufy6ccg said:
endofall":3ufy6ccg said:
I had looked at that several times on Craigslist and even contacted about trading my Orange Rockerverb for it. I have always wanted to try out one of these amps, it seems that anyone that has owned one always love them! Congratulations on your new amp!

Thanks dude. It's really a work of art, and an amazing amp. The only qualm I have is the 120 is stupid loud and the 60 was more manageable volume-wise, but that's not really a problem I can't deal with :rock: I can't recommend this line of amps enough.

I tried to mention something about the loudness, when you were telling me how loud the JCM 800 is (which it is) I just remember thinking "No way this JCM 800 could be as loud as the D120

The D120 is the loudest amp I've ever had the pleasure of playing haha

Zachalou":1zbro13m said:
mchn13":1zbro13m said:
endofall":1zbro13m said:
I had looked at that several times on Craigslist and even contacted about trading my Orange Rockerverb for it. I have always wanted to try out one of these amps, it seems that anyone that has owned one always love them! Congratulations on your new amp!

Thanks dude. It's really a work of art, and an amazing amp. The only qualm I have is the 120 is stupid loud and the 60 was more manageable volume-wise, but that's not really a problem I can't deal with :rock: I can't recommend this line of amps enough.

I tried to mention something about the loudness, when you were telling me how loud the JCM 800 is (which it is) I just remember thinking "No way this JCM 800 could be as loud as the D120

The D120 is the loudest amp I've ever had the pleasure of playing haha

Hahah, for real. This thing reminds me of an old hiwatt i played years ago that was bust your eardrums loud! To its credit, it has a real good master volume taper though and still sounds great without it being cracked half open.

i read on tgp fryette thread that deliverance 2 should be out by the end of this year.

in fryette time that will be 4 th qtr 2020!

they also said that the new version of the sig x will have midi.

CONGTRAZ!!!!!!!! Jesus man, the D120 is a BEAST :shocked: :rock: :2thumbsup:

As I've said to many Fryette "convertees", if the price was higher, more people would want them. But because they're just not "booteeky" enough, they kinda get lost in the fray. But hands down some of the finest amps out there, and this particular one is nuclear.

Mega congratz... Mind the windows. And small animals :LOL: :LOL:

PS: If ya need a minty Deliverance 4x12, I've got one in classifieds.

Ventura":1dltweie said:

As I've said to many Fryette "convertees", if the price was higher, more people would want them. But because they're just not "booteeky" enough, they kinda get lost in the fray. But hands down some of the finest amps out there, and this particular one is nuclear.

Thanks dude. I owned the d60 for a couple years and while being familiar with the base tone, I'm surprised how different it is as well. The 120 is so brutal heavy, but so clear and singing at the same time. I was real reluctant to trade my favorite 800, but now feel completely justified for what I need it for.

mchn13":3lgh9iko said:
Ventura":3lgh9iko said:

Thanks dude. I owned the d60 for a couple years and while being familiar with the base tone, I'm surprised how different it is as well. The 120 is so brutal heavy, but so clear and singing at the same time. I was real reluctant to trade my favorite 800, but now feel completely justified for what I need it for.

Is the D120 different enough to warrant owning it and the D60?

I've been cranking it with ear plugs in while sitting right in front of a 412 and man this thing moves some air and punches you in the guts! Can't get enough of it. Addictive :D

MetalHeadMike":o8xr5l2e said:
mchn13":o8xr5l2e said:
Ventura":o8xr5l2e said:

Is the D120 different enough to warrant owning it and the D60?

I've been cranking it with ear plugs in while sitting right in front of a 412 and man this thing moves some air and punches you in the guts! Can't get enough of it. Addictive :D
I believe so...different enough that is.

Awesome score, I will be getting some Fryette/VHT amp in the near future. Always wanted one, but just never lined up for me, meaning there's not been one in classifieds or CL when I was in the market for an amp.

stratjacket":gikvfetu said:
Awesome score, I will be getting some Fryette/VHT amp in the near future. Always wanted one, but just never lined up for me, meaning there's not been one in classifieds or CL when I was in the market for an amp.

That's the boat I was in. Wanted to taste the fryette/vht koolaid for the last 7-8 years but wasn't until recently that things worked out. I have to say, the D60 is pure awesomeness, and I'm already gassing to try more Fryette stuff :yes:

Do it :thumbsup:

I owned the D60 before the D120, after trying out a D120 I sold the 60 and bought it. I felt the 120 just had a lot more "oomph" to it, bigger bottom end, little angrier sounding. Also, as some have stated- bit more modern sounding which is what I was looking for, differences I would expect in some* amps that have different watt models.
That's not to say that the 60 doesn't have an awesome bottom end and sound very aggressive though, just that the 120 had a little something more to it

both are great amps, when I have the cash I will go back to owning both the D120 and the Ultra-lead, but until then, I'm loving the JCM 800 I traded for

MetalHeadMike":2b9yyv80 said:
JerEvil":2b9yyv80 said:
Nice! I have owned both the 60 and 120. I preferred the 120 by a wide margin.

A wide margin huh? Do tell!
See Zachlou's post below yours. All of that. Bigger, meaner and more pissed sounding. Was much fuller IMHO. Yeah the 120 is loud as all getup but so is the 60! LOL! Neither are bedroom amps to get the goods out of.

JerEvil":1jatdpf7 said:
MetalHeadMike":1jatdpf7 said:
JerEvil":1jatdpf7 said:

See Zachlou's post below yours. All of that. Bigger, meaner and more pissed sounding. Was much fuller IMHO. Yeah the 120 is loud as all getup but so is the 60! LOL! Neither are bedroom amps to get the goods out of.

:thumbsup:

Its only a poor choice for a bedroom amp if you have kids, a wife, or neighbors that dictate such circumstances; I have none of those road blocks, so for me its a fine fine bedroom amp indeed :thumbsup: Just need to wear earplugs :D

I like this D60 so much, I'm thinking I might pick up a D120 or a 100 or 50 CL to keep it company.

Zachalou":ayhf5hxi said:
I owned the D60 before the D120, after trying out a D120 I sold the 60 and bought it. I felt the 120 just had a lot more "oomph" to it, bigger bottom end, little angrier sounding. Also, as some have stated- bit more modern sounding which is what I was looking for, differences I would expect in some* amps that have different watt models.
That's not to say that the 60 doesn't have an awesome bottom end and sound very aggressive though, just that the 120 had a little something more to it

both are great amps, when I have the cash I will go back to owning both the D120 and the Ultra-lead, but until then, I'm loving the JCM 800 I traded for

Thanks bud! Great description.

Man this D60 sounds immense, thick, full, punchy, and pissed as hell, so if the D120 has even more of that & with a bit more "oomph", I'd say I may just have to give one of those a go too.

MetalHeadMike":322lom33 said:
JerEvil":322lom33 said:
MetalHeadMike":322lom33 said:
JerEvil":322lom33 said:

Its only a poor choice for a bedroom amp if you have kids, a wife, or neighbors that dictate such circumstances; I have none of those road blocks, so for me its a fine fine bedroom amp indeed :thumbsup: Just need to wear earplugs :D

I like this D60 so much, I'm thinking I might pick up a D120 or a 100 or 50 CL to keep it company.
Yours truly has all the above! LOL!

JerEvil":3erwafda said:
MetalHeadMike":3erwafda said:
MetalHeadMike":3erwafda said:

Yours truly has all the above! LOL!

Right on brother, right on :LOL: :LOL:

My wife tolerates my noise, and I'm fortunate enough to be closing on a new house in bumble-fuck Montana next Friday where neighbors are far enough that volume won't be an issue.

I actually thought the 60 was more pissed Marshall with a bunch of low end, while the 120 is bigger but wasn't as raw as the 60, smoother maybe. The 120 has I believe 2 12at7s for the PI? The power section of both amps really shape the sound. Either way both are amazing and different enough to warrant owning both in my book.
Fantastical amps.

Back