Someone keeps messing with my amp settings.

  • Thread starter Thread starter MadAsAHatter
  • Start date Start date
MadAsAHatter

MadAsAHatter

Well-known member
Guys, I don’t know what’s going on, but I think someone keeps sneaking into my house when I’m at work and changing my amp settings.

I’ll get everything set where I want and play in the afternoon when I get home from work. Sometimes I’ll play a little the next morning before going to work and everything is good. Then that afternoon when I go to play, things don’t sound right.

It’s nothing huge like the presence knob being cranked to 10. It’s like someone moved the knobs just enough where you wouldn’t necessarily see it, but you can hear that something is off when playing. So I have to go back through and dial the amp back in.

You can call me crazy if you want, but this has been happening for months. It takes me a bit to dial everything in where I want, and someone keeps messing with my settings. It’s extremely frustrating especially with my Mesa Mark III’s GEQ. I know it has to be someone sneaking into my house. The only ones home during the day are my 2 cats and they don’t play guitar.

And if I didn’t know any better I’d think they’re detuning my guitars too. Sometimes my guitar will be almost a step and a half out of tune when I go to play.
 
This is baffling and infuriating. The only thing I can think of...did you go to one of those mega churches lately?
I haven't gone to church on a long time. Why would a pasture want to do something like that anyway? I swear someone is trying to gaslight me into thinking I'm crazy.

Sounds like quite the anomaly.
Right, what kind of person would sneak into my home just to mess with my amp settings? But I swear this is happening.


I call bullshit. Bullshit!
It's not bullshit. It's really happening. Every afternoon when I go to play I have to dial my amp in again. Knobs just don't move on their own. Someone is messing with my settings.
 
It's not bullshit. It's really happening. Every afternoon when I go to play I have to dial my amp in again. Knobs just don't move on their own. Someone is messing with my settings.


It could definitely be the truss rod goblins. They are branching out
 
People, I've never complained about this. I will say that they do break in and damage my gear at times though. Of course you're not gonna believe me. My Mark IV was tossed on the ground so hard that the pre-amp tubes imploded. That happened about 5 years ago while I was at work. Do pre-amp tube implode by themselves, more than one at a time... I think it was 2 or 3 that imploded.
 
It could definitely be the truss rod goblins. They are branching out
I don't know about goblins, but whoever is is messing with my amp settings could be messing with the truss rod on my guitars. That's probably how they keep getting out of tune so bad. If it keeps happening I may try squirting some glue into the cavity to keep the truss rod from turning.
 
People, I've never complained about this. I will say that they do break in and damage my gear at times though. Of course you're not gonna believe me. My Mark IV was tossed on the ground so hard that the pre-amp tubes imploded. That happened about 5 years ago while I was at work. Do pre-amp tube implode by themselves, more than one at a time... I think it was 2 or 3 that imploded.

Then maybe I have an idea - maybe people aren't actually talking about you? I know this is crazy, but believe it or not, there are so many people in the world and on RT, that not literally everything is about you.
 
Taking this at face value and assuming it's not a joke thread, it's most likely just your ears. Some days your tone just sounds like shit. I go a lot of days without playing because my tone just sounds muffled and dull (I've had problems with my eustachian tubes in the past) and it's very uninspiring to play. I call these "bad ear days". I wonder sometimes if my tone really does just sound like shit and the days where it sounds great are when my hearing is actually off. :LOL:
 
Then maybe I have an idea - maybe people aren't actually talking about you? I know this is crazy, but believe it or not, there are so many people in the world and on RT, that not literally everything is about you.
I know not everything is about me... but some of it is.
 
I know not everything is about me... but some of it is.

yes, and you responded to literally EVERYONE except the person who used your name as a joke because this is 100% the type of schizoposting you would do

the thread, however is NOT about you, and if you did a cursory look over the posts the past day you would already know that
 
yes, and you responded to literally EVERYONE except the person who used your name as a joke because this is 100% the type of schizoposting you would do

the thread, however is NOT about you, and if you did a cursory look over the posts the past day you would already know that
OK then. Who's it about?
 
Yes, check your truss rod cavity for jizz.............er, I mean "glue".

You may need to use a nightlight to see.

Tell that to @anomaly before he has a shitfit that the rest of the universe doesn't revolve around his schizotypal delusions... sometimes it revolves around other users schizotypal delusions.
 
Back
Top