Steve Morse amp

racerevlon":1o06g69e said:
Wish I did. Best ENGL I've played.
Did you have a chance to A/B it with Invader?
I`d like to hear them side by side once. I like the tones I can get from Invader but the mid matrix looks very intriguing. :yes:

I have a Morse sitting in my room right now, and I love every minute of it! The mid matrix is really cool and the gain is perfect for almost any style of playing. I can get anything from Allman brothers tone on the clean channel (if I crank the gain) to sparkly clean all the way to shred style distortion and almost everything in between. I've owned it for about 3 years now and thought about getting the Invader 100 but I have not tried one of them yet. But this amp is amazing you can trust me.

I had a Powerball v2, Powerball 2, and have heard good things about Savage, Invader & the SM sig amp. The SM and Invader are both EL34 based which is probably why folks like them better. If I had chance to buy another ENGL I'd probably get the Morse. Cool face on it too and black bars :rock:

sinnersmoon":1xqikyn0 said:
racerevlon":1xqikyn0 said:
Wish I did. Best ENGL I've played.
Did you have a chance to A/B it with Invader?
I`d like to hear them side by side once. I like the tones I can get from Invader but the mid matrix looks very intriguing. :yes:

My local shop has an Invader sitting next to a Morse. I've played them many times and the Morse has a warmth to it that the Invader just doesn't have. Also, ENGL's tend to have this weird "there's too much treble" kind of sound and while the Invader has that going on for it, the Morse's warmth takes care of the "too much treble" sound and has a really flexible third channel that the Invader wishes it had ;) It also has just enough saturation to make leads sound great.I like channels 1 and 3 on the Morse the most. On the Invader, I like channel 3 the most. Of the two, I'd go with the Morse.

That said, The Special Edition EL34 is a pretty cool amp too.

Had a Savage and tried the Invader and actually prefer the Savage over the Invader, but I would like to check out the Morse model one day.

Back