kylendm":3tdvjspt said:
gtr31":3tdvjspt said:
Not many things are truly challenging when it comes to a/b tests

This one IMO deserves posting one of them is a 68 plexi
The second a Synergy module can you spot the module and real amp

No looking at the description just use you ears. Good luck

can't get link to save , comp issues see below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTxwesu8FdU
Gotta say, that was pretty impressive. The 68 had a little more bite but it was still close.

Keep In mind the plexi tone controls are pinned the
Synergy was Bass 6 mids 4 treb 6 if he turned up the treble and mids it probably could have gotten the same bite or more

Worth noting that Synergy are using custom layouts, I think the Egnater stuff went a slightly different route with three PCB variations.

My Synergy HBE and BE are different layouts, the Diezel stuff must be different too and have a different EQ board.

Are the Fender and Plexi modules 2 channel, too? I could throw one in the loop of my Deliverance and have a 3 channel amp...

I'm wondering if the old modules will sound better with the new enclosures. Is the dynamic sensing in the modules or the amp itself?

gtrlw":2kz95w1l said:
That's the clip that pushed me off the fence and convinced me to give modular another try.

Yep I'll be honest ,i owned MTS had a modded Scary that I loved ,But I was kind of Skeptical if Synergy would deliver the early clips were ok
But the MetroPlex floored me . If the BE.HBE SLO and DEIZEL are all captured that well thats pretty impressive

I wish Synergy would do this exact test A/B with the real amp and post when the website goes live

I have a Lynchbox 100 and with a Friedman brahma, I think it actually hangs pretty well with my JCM800. Very similar tones to be honest. The trick with the MTS stuff is a proper presence board and to turn up the volume on the modules themselves. That's right, you still need to play a tube amp as it was intended to be played. The modded stuff is good too but the standard modules with a few tweaks or cap changes were also very good. I have a scary and brahma like i mentioned which I think hang pretty good with the 800's and then the modded stuff of the world. I do still prefer the 800 as there is something in the power section that gives it the edge. Because the MTS stuff was so neutral, that also became it's weakness. The newer synergy stuff does looks interesting and I will probably just buy a diezel and soldano module and stick it in my lynchbox . I would definitely be interested in hearing how these sound through the older Randall amps.

The metroplex does sounds pretty damn good I have to admit. He has managed to get that hairiness or out of control feeling into his module. It sounds a bit smaller and less full but in a mix or when not compared, I can definitely see where that would bring the goods. It also will save you thousand$. I will probably wait and try to grab some of these modules used. The nice thing is that the new lines won't go through so much modded butchery and thus you will always be able to find "stock" modules for sale.

I was skeptical after having gone in and out of modular over the past 7 years. At the last minute I changed my initial order of a loaded Syn2 to a Syn1 with a SLO mod. Wish I hadn't. IMHO This new gear is a game changer. The SLO is chewy, 3D sounding, has sizzle and a nice bottom end and doesn't sound the least bit sterile or small when A/B into the loop of my JVM. It sounds like another channel of my amp and that is exactly what I was looking for.

gtrlw":16ufr439 said:
I was skeptical after having gone in and out of modular over the past 7 years. At the last minute I changed my initial order of a loaded Syn2 to a Syn1 with a SLO mod. Wish I hadn't. IMHO This new gear is a game changer. The SLO is chewy, 3D sounding, has sizzle and a nice bottom end and doesn't sound the least bit sterile or small when A/B into the loop of my JVM. It sounds like another channel of my amp and that is exactly what I was looking for.
interesting i wounder how it will work with a BE-100 power section!!!

gtrlw":3o6sy4io said:

Can't wait to get my SLO tomorrow now :rock:

jkdsteve":25vtud27 said:
gtrlw":25vtud27 said:

The SLO really delivers, interesting putting this side by side with a Salvation Salvado and a Friedman HBE.

SLO also sounds incredible boosted (Ghoul Screamer) ..like seriously juicy harmonics....

gtr31":opybxboe said:
DeathbyButterslax":opybxboe said:
Piero the Guitarero":opybxboe said:
for all those who are not following Synergy on Facebook,
made this screenshot last week (when it was "new") :LOL: :LOL:

images.php

I wonder how they will tackle the Vh4? Just the 3rd channel I'm guessing? Would be pretty cool to have a BE- VH4 channel 3- HBE amp

It's 3/4
Dual eq on the DZL

Sort of... this is according to Peter on his sub-forum

Starman22":opybxboe said:
Peter:
Is the new VH4 2 channel pedal based on Channel 3 & 4 of the VH4 amp?

Is the Synergy VH4 module Channel 3 & 4 circuitry designed 100% exact to the preamp in the VH4 amp?

Peter Diezel":opybxboe said:
The pedal sound not the same, it´s similar.
The same on the module.

jkdsteve":7aer8ep3 said:
jkdsteve":7aer8ep3 said:
gtrlw":7aer8ep3 said:

The SLO really delivers, interesting putting this side by side with a Salvation Salvado and a Friedman HBE.

SLO also sounds incredible boosted (Ghoul Screamer) ..like seriously juicy harmonics....
Stop.... just stop.... :LOL: :LOL:

gtr31":12gksugf said:
kylendm":12gksugf said:
gtr31":12gksugf said:

Gotta say, that was pretty impressive. The 68 had a little more bite but it was still close.

Synergy was Bass 6 mids 4 treb 6 if he turned up the treble and mids it probably could have gotten the same bite or more

gtr31":lihwyr42 said:
kylendm":lihwyr42 said:
gtr31":lihwyr42 said:

Yup. In the Metropolis video, the 68 eq was dimed. I noticed that, too.
Turn the mid up on the module to 3-4 o'clock, bet it sounds identical.
Got one coming. Hopefully today. Probably sometime later in the week, though.
I hope George makes a Superplex module.

Man I am definitely going to jump on the Synergy wagon. Trying to decide if I should buy the Syn2 or a used Randall RM4 chassis though. I want to have something in my recording rack. I could probably get away with the Syn1 to be honest as I am not going to gig these. Just different flavors for recording.

jlbaxe":1t6v5enp said:
I want SLO and the old EG 3/4 :doh:
Yeah I want the SLO, VH4 and maybe the Morgan. SO and VH4 are different than any of the sounds I currently have at home. I have the Marshall type stuff covered amp-wise.

That Metropoulos demo is ace - we want more of those :)

I ordered a Syn-2, VHT, HBE and SLO - I want more but that is what I can afford at the moment - now I have to wait :doh:

webrthomson":ce34jguu said:
That Metropoulos demo is ace - we want more of those :)

I ordered a Syn-2, VHT, HBE and SLO - I want more but that is what I can afford at the moment - now I have to wait :doh:
??? You mean VH4?

Back