The good old Boss Metal Zone, a Marshall 2203 and a SD-1.

I don't know if it's the way you play, but your palm-mutes always have a very particular sound to them. I dig!
Thanks. ;) I guess it's a combination of the way i play (i'm very particular about my palm-mutes) and the sound i'm going for.

Dude, after jamming to this omen-like track,
You’ve earned the top slot man.
Nobody can touch that.
You really touched on the old school Death Metal
sound and then left that behind and twisted it into something much more potent & relevant.
DOPE AF.

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it.
I'm also pretty happy with that tone.
There's no eq on guitars and bass and it also was on really low volume, so it's getting even thicker with the volume turned up a bit.

Ya, he's got the classic Crowbar metal zone boost settings. Level cranked, drive at 0, tone all at noon. They are great boosts if you want a really aggressive and tight tone.

Ya, he's got the classic Crowbar metal zone boost settings. Level cranked, drive at 0, tone all at noon. They are great boosts if you want a really aggressive and tight tone.
The SD1 does the tight trick. The MT-2 alone not so much. Depends on the Amp though.

wow that is a sick tone!! \m/
wow that is a sick tone!! \m/

Nah, the amp was barely on. :D

Sure it does. Have you ever tried one as a boost. It (metal zone) tightens up the tone big time.
I talked about the use in front of an 800. You actually see the settings in the clip and what i used.
In front of a High-Gain amp, the MT-2 alone is very nice indeed.

I talked about the use in front of an 800. You actually see the settings in the clip and what i used.
In front of a High-Gain amp, the MT-2 alone is very nice indeed.
Forgot that you were the OP. Well I've used the MT-2 in front of many amps, it always tightens and adds a lot of saturation if set right, as a boost. Cannibal Corpse are another band that used to use them to get their rectos nice and tight. If it'not doing that for you, then yours is broken.

Forgot that you were the OP. Well I've used the MT-2 in front of many amps, it always tightens and adds a lot of saturation if set right, as a boost. Cannibal Corpse are another band that used to use them to get their rectos nice and tight. If it'not doing that for you, then yours is broken.
Dude, i know. ;) No it isn't. :D

Back