YouTube is really starting to

ElectricVoodoo

Annoy me to no end. Ive been patient for the longest with all of their B.S., but the bombardment of ads all over the place in recent weeks is out of control.

They seem to be pushing their YT Premium with no ads crap.
Man they really suck these days.

ElectricVoodoo":d4e18993 said:
Annoy me to no end. Ive been patient for the longest with all of their B.S., but the bombardment of ads all over the place in recent weeks is out of control.

Adblock plus

Cock Block Pro + pi-hole sounds like an interesting combination. :LOL: :LOL:

I've been using uBlock and Disconnect as plugins in Safari and they've been working flawlessly for years. Lately 'though, ads have started to creep in. I've always hated ads, but YouTube's bizarre, unpredictable timing of interruptions is beyond annoying. :doh:

I figured I'd wait to see what develops in terms of a 100%-reliable solution. The plugins I've been using were freeware but Safari doesn't accept such things anymore in newer versions of the app; you apparently have to get plugins from the App Store now, so hoping to avoid that too as I've never used the service before and don't intend to.

It's been bad for years.... but I'm with you, I can't take it anymore. Another video from Tai Lopez sitting in his garage, doing nothing special and being rich, and I'm gonna lose it!

Yeah. I signed up for trial of YouTube TV to check out some football. But will cancel it here next week before payment. I just can’t pay a company that censors, and has 25yr old fact checkers that don’t know shit.

The political ads are really what blows. I asked my 6 year old son who he was voting for, and he said Biden. Thanks a lot you tube... I'm trying to teach my kids how pointless voting is, because anyone who becomes a succesful politician in this country are all cut from the same cloth of bullshit, and that voting only validates otherwise unacceptable candidates. :D :D

JimAnsell":1dy3pobt said:
... anyone who becomes a succesful politician in this country are all cut from the same cloth of bullshit, and that voting only validates otherwise unacceptable candidates. :D :D
My step dad used to say, "I don't vote for politicians; it only encourages them." :LOL: :LOL:

Monkey Man":e1mk9g38 said:
JimAnsell":e1mk9g38 said:
... anyone who becomes a succesful politician in this country are all cut from the same cloth of bullshit, and that voting only validates otherwise unacceptable candidates. :D :D
My step dad used to say, "I don't vote for politicians; it only encourages them." :LOL: :LOL:

So true. They all say whatever they need to in order to get elected. Then they get in there and are told how it REALLY goes. How impossible it is to really change things. That's ok though because most of them never intended to anyway. I really don't care about your elections but when your platform is " I am not Trump, I'm the other guy" essentially, I'm pretty sure you know what you are going to get. More of the same without the entertainment. Although it is entertaining to see how uncomfortable women and young girls are when creepy ol uncle Joe comes around sniffing and pawing at them though.

Someone once told me the key to voting, is to vote locally. What local policies and plans best benefit you and your community. Regardless of the party that person belongs to.

I’m mainly using an iPad and hate having to use the browser version for the ad blockers so I eat it so I can use the YT app. It does get tiresome. It’s obvious they just use set time intervals for ads that have no regard for the content. Imagine if they told uploaders, you have to pick so many time stamps for ad placement and they need to be at least “X” apart. At least the channel could then pick appropriate spots.

Yup.

Being flooded with Grammarly and junk-food commercials sure sucks big-time. If it were cars it'd be easier to handle, but nothing could make being interrupted by unsolicited advertising pleasurable for me. Nothing. :doh: :gethim:

ElectricVoodoo":1bdkcqfu said:

Yes, how dare a free service provide ads

Well,like everyone else, I've been hooked on it since 05. I guess I'm just used to the way it's always been. Last few mo tha have been a total 180°

I watch you tube only for check some demo, and some video people post on forums. Otherwise i don't use it anymore.

Back