Eric Steckel how many of you have checked him out

I was prepping for a show in Jacksonville at a rehearsal spot back in 2015 or so. And I could hear next door to our rehearsal spot, this dude just completely wailing and ripping licks left and right. So after we were done I had to go see who this dude was. And I walk in, and this dude has a lime green soldano cab and a lime green SLO, cranked to hell and just rippin it. It was Eric. I was blown the fuck away by this kid. I jammed with him for a bit, and then I went outside to help him load up the half stack, and he had piled that thing into this little hatchback, like 1994 Honda Civic haha! I was laughin my ass off. He was such a cool dude. This is back when literally no one knew who the fuck he was. We kept in touch for awhile, but he’s in my neck of the woods often, as there is a knaggs guitar dealer nearby, and he comes in often to jam, make videos etc. then I found out he went to college before that with literally my best friend’s growing up sister. Small world.

Dude can shred it for sure. Great player.

Last edited:
He seems like a great guy I've commented on his videos and he always sends thank yous which is nice just a monster player I just don't understand how some people can get that good I know it's practice but some people have a gift

Been following him for a few years now, have seen him live a couple of times here in Melbourne Australia. First gig back in maybe 2017 there was like 50 people! Hell of a player. I’ve got his signature Knaggs which just rips.

He rips for sure but didn’t really hold my interest. Some guys have great technique but just don’t play something that speaks to me. After the 4th blazing lick it all seemed to be too much the same. Just a listener standpoint. Guy could out play me every day and the days yet to come…lol

He rips for sure but didn’t really hold my interest. Some guys have great technique but just don’t play something that speaks to me. After the 4th blazing lick it all seemed to be too much the same. Just a listener standpoint. Guy could out play me every day and the days yet to come…lol
Agreed his playing itself seemed excellent in both feel & chops, but he should have someone else actually write some good quality music for him to play. Leave the playing part to him, music writing to a good composer for best results. Doesn’t seem to be any who are truly masters at both skills, let alone one of the 2

Been following him for a few years now, have seen him live a couple of times here in Melbourne Australia. First gig back in maybe 2017 there was like 50 people! Hell of a player. I’ve got his signature Knaggs which just rips.
His Knaggs sig model is amazing. Foolishly, I traded mine. His signature pickups, the Duncan candy model, sounds really good. I tried to find another, but ended up with a killer Steve stevens. Still, I would prefer the steckel with the candys.

The dude absolutely rips on guitar, just cuts it super strict. The precision he plays with at blazing speeds, whoa……

I miss my steckel. It played and sounded fantastic. My stevens plays great and sounds epic. But,the steckel had a little more magic. I think both are basically the best feeling, playing and sounding single cuts out there. The Les Paul style bridge made the difference.

This is not about competition. Just an example of a player who speaks to me. Rippin’ in his own way, but a little messier, meaner. Sounds more like he’s getting lost in what he’s doing rather than mechanically regurgitating without effort all his years of practice. That’s how Bonamassa hits me too. Regurgitation of amazing technique but I never feel I hear what he’s feeling.

I dig it. Definitely like that tone. Pretty heavy and a good blend of delay/verb. I guess like anything after a while hes still killing the same style, isnt that how anyone develops a style tho? To be that aggressive and good with you would have to be married to it. I guess I'd prefer this over the techno shredder with massive sweeps over and over, it seems each glimpse I catch of Eric he seems like he is never going to end a solo. Damn crazy good player

This dude recently has been popping up on my Facebook feed. I see the algorithm got you too? As awesome as he is I had to block all posts from him because his video were flooding my feed. This just happened last week.

Killer player but its a bit too predictable for me. I kind of thought; "Bonamassa...but not Bonamassa." And I liked Joe early on but I was a huge EJ fan when Joe was young so that might account for it.

And I'm not gonna lie; the Knaggs with Candys into the Mezzabarba tone is not working for me at all. That's a lot of money to get that tone.

Back