Mark Tremonti demos his new amp at NAMM

I'll be getting this amp, calling my Sweetwater rep on Monday to get on the list. Mark is my favorite guitar player and believe PRS and Mark put the effort in on this amp. The whole Chinese made thing does bother me a bit but I got to get over it. $650 for a 2 channel amp with effects loop that appears to sound really good, got to have one.

Wasn't there another thread on this amp? I swear I posted a few times in it and it seems to have vanished. WTF?
I'm down for one of these. Haven't ordered yet. but it gives a lot of features for the price and seems to sound awesome.

I just really want to know how they have 2 6l6 running at 15 watts . and stay tight
logic would dictate to run 6l6 low enough to get that wattage you would have a ton of sag and fart ,but it seems to remain tight and punchy.

unless the 6l6 isn't doing much except adding color and there are other things in the circuit.
I know Baron had a snort watt that was a loud great sounding 7 watts but it wasn't using 6l6s or big iron IIRC

I wouldn’t be surprised if this amp puts out more than 15 Watts. Decent sized iron and 6L6s. I just think that at that price it would be a tough sell for the Archon 25 which is quite a loud amp as well.

I'd like to hear the lead tones. I wonder if Mark knows anybody that can do it for him?

Anyway, it does sound pretty decent. Sounds kinda Mini Recto.

napalmdeath":vrgayxxx said:
I'd like to hear the lead tones. I wonder if Mark knows anybody that can do it for him?

Anyway, it does sound pretty decent. Sounds kinda Mini Recto.

He claims everyone says it sounds like a 50W amp... maybe it is. ;)

And that's what I thought as well. Sounds like his Uberschall-meets-Recto tone.

It sounds pretty good. Wonder what medium gain on the lead channel is like. Or clean channel cranked with the boost?

steve_k":3ai1ywj5 said:
When your sig amp is an 18W. C'mon. It's a marketing joke.
Really? Cause it pretty much nails his sound in that little package. His goal from the get go was to make a sig amp that did his sound that was affordable for players. Most people that aren’t playing out in bands want a tube amp that sounds huge at low volumes. This sure looks to accomplish that. At $650, it sounds like marketing genius. They will sell a shit ton of them. I’m willing to bet a higher wattage one will follow.

vchizzle":2gspswv4 said:
steve_k":2gspswv4 said:
Really? Cause it pretty much nails his sound in that little package. His goal from the get go was to make a sig amp that did his sound that was affordable for players. Most people that aren’t playing out in bands want a tube amp that sounds huge at low volumes. This sure looks to accomplish that. At $650, it sounds like marketing genius. They will sell a shit ton of them. I’m willing to bet a higher wattage one will follow.

Not to mention he's said several times that he loves gear so much he doesn't want to be strapped down by a higher wattage signature head. So this is perfect for him to use in studio or at home, nails his tone, and he doesn't have to go tour with it, and he can still buy new things to play & not feel bad about it.

vchizzle":71uji3pl said:
steve_k":71uji3pl said:

He confirmed in an interview a 100 watt version is the next step. He can not wait to play the 100 watt version live, since it turned out even better than he hoped. He doesn't want to be tied down with only this amp, but it sounds so great at only 15 watts that he really wants the 100 watt version now for live and studio.

steve_k":3g0f71d7 said:
Nah, I don't think so. I'm betting PRS didn't want another high gain amp competing with their Archon line right now. Plus the affordability thing will do wonders to get a lot of these shipped, and then once the amp is out there, I think they will release the bigger wattage version.

Back