My DIY keep-my-pedal-knobs-from-turning-thingydo

mjtripper

So like many of you I cover my pedal board when not in use to keep the dust and stuff off it and with that and putting it in and out of it's case to take it places the knobs moving has always frustrated me. That stomp lock thing that digitech has with their hardwire line really cool and I love it. I've been toying around with the idea of retaining straps, foam sheets with cutouts, etc to try to come up with my own and I think I finally found something I like. I found some little round sticky back velcro dots and an old rubbermaid container and used them to make my own. Now it's not as solid as the stomp lock but it does prevent the the knobs from turning unless you actually reach down and turn them. It comes off easy, goes on easy, and doesn't really get in the way. So you just cut out a piece of the rubbermaid to make a shape that covers the knobs, stick a little velcro on the top of each of the knobs, attach the mating velcro to the top of the knobs so the sticky side is sticking up, and then just press the rubbermaid cutout on top of it. So far it is working out but it is a fairly new thing for me to try.

Attachments

• P1010292.JPG
    P1010292.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 2,138
  • P1010294.JPG
    P1010294.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 1,943
awesome idea, although i dont have a massive pedal board i do run into that same problem. i may be incorporating this into my setup for the same purposes.

that's pretty cool. it seems like a bit of work depending on the number of pedals you have, but cool nonetheless

the mother of invention!

i used slap on some electrical tape or put a sheet of cling film over the complete pedal board except for the wah. this was to keep spillage and spit off of it.

steve

That's probably better than what I do to mine- which is throw a piece of gaffers tape on it..lol!

Back