2/12 cabs

A few weeks ago I would have said Bogner OS 2x12, that was before I got the ear candy buzzbomb,which is the best I have heard. Others I have owned were Avatar Vintage, Avatar special, Genz Benz Gflex..
Haven't tried the Mills or Port City.

Hollywood":3bzcx1bo said:
I was actually thinking of trying a Splawn cab. :confused:
Maybe trying one of Scott Splawn's Streetrod combos,
with a matching 2/12 cab to sit that combo on and then run the cab with the combo for larger rooms. Just a thought ?
This way I get the smaller yet portable rig to use,
when I need to do things for my daughter's lil gigs.
Then also I have a rig I can get things useful that I am normally wanting also.
Heck even Carl Roa is going with the Splawns ...
Ralph/Gainfreak was also mentioning the Splawns.
I have been wanting one of those new 2010 Nitros for quite a bit also. :doh: :LOL: :LOL: Scott Splawn builds products that are priced right and made right here in the USA. ;)

I just got a Splawn 2x12 and for the money it is a very good cabinet. I actually like it much better than the Mesa 2x12 cabinet I had.

Mark Day":2713t69o said:
I have a ported CAA 2x12" on the way. I think they sound great! Big bottom and tight.

Mark

I think I saw them in a local music shop a few months back. Might be worth going back there to have a look....

I've been playing my Port City OS2x12 with Scumbacks and it sounds really good, and cranked up it's the only 2x12 I've heard that really comes close to a 4x12. I've owned Avatars, Mesa's, and Bogner OS2x12 and they never came close to a 4x12 like the Port City does.

Mark Day":od8eobsf said:
I have a ported CAA 2x12" on the way. I think they sound great! Big bottom and tight.

Mark
Had mine for a few weeks now and can't imagine anything better.

Here's my current cabs- I want to pair up two 2x12 cabs with the metal grille cab, and trade in the other cab that is sitting on the right.

122dk7l.jpg

petejt":104wycuc said:
I hope Music Park can order in a pair of Avatar 2x12s. I could trade in my Mesa/Boogie Stiletto 4x12 for them.
You won't regret it man. Avatar makes some awesome cabs. If you like the oversized 2x12, go with the Vintage 2x12. Marshall Bluesbreaker style. If you like Orange cabs, go with the Contemporary, which is what I have. People that hear my rig never believe me when I tell them it's just a 1x12. The thing really puts outs. It's got tons of bass if the amp allows for it, which I didn't expect. I was worried the smaller box would hurt the bass response, but this cab kicks it out, and is pissed off when it does it :rock: I like it better than my Ampeg 4x12. I only keep that cab around because it used to be Paul Gilbert's :thumbsup:

Check out my video for a sound sample. It's here on the boards. Can find my other videos under this same name on YouTube

Back