NAD KRUZE modded Mesa

skullfxr

I don't really post NAD ever but

Got this in trade for an Engl Powerball. The Powerball was not my thing. It was decent, but I don't trust Engl to be reliable and did not want to go into something with a failed amp down the line that I can't reasonably repair.

I got a Mesa Stiletto Ace that has the KRUZE Godfather Mod and I think she is here to stay.

I have not really messed with it a ton as far as all of the switches go, especially getting into the different voicings of mods. I will do some major tweaking and see what I can get out of it in the coming days. Super excited.

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_172715_040.jpg
    IMG_20210329_172715_040.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20210329_172715_067.jpg
    IMG_20210329_172715_067.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 42
Congrats...hope to hear it man! Not to object, but I never had an issue with my Kruze modded Splawn. Sounded great. Jens was a delight to deal with, fast turnaround times too. I've emailed him over the years too and he always replies in a timely fashion.

Congrats...hope to hear it man! Not to object, but I never had an issue with my Kruze modded Splawn. Sounded great. Jens was a delight to deal with, fast turnaround times too. I've emailed him over the years too and he always replies in a timely fashion.
That's great to hear too.

I will put up a shitty clip in the next few days and post it up

I have a Kruse modded EVH 6L6 50W. It freakin rocks! He added concentric pots to green/blue channel for T, M, B along with G and V so it is a true 3 channel. He also added a switchable gain reduction for red channel and a 2nd master for solo boost with added switch on foot switch. Amp is killer!

I had a couple of Kruse modded amps over the years- they sounded great and worked 100%. Nice score!
Thanks bro. I am excited to see what I can coax out of it.
I have a Kruse modded EVH 6L6 50W. It freakin rocks! He added concentric pots to green/blue channel for T, M, B along with G and V so it is a true 3 channel. He also added a switchable gain reduction for red channel and a 2nd master for solo boost with added switch on foot switch. Amp is killer!
I am really interested and actually see what the mods do and how it sounds dialed in. There are a lot of settings and shit to try, but I have not gotten around to all of it.

Kruze seems to be a very polarizing name in amp mods/building. I have not tried any of his stuff. Would love to hear the amp in the OP.

Kruze seems to be a very polarizing name in amp mods/building. I have not tried any of his stuff. Would love to hear the amp in the OP.
I will get a clip up. I screwed around with the settings and a few of the switchs a bit and found some awesome tones. I need to get in touch with him to see exactly what the mods do.

But it's got probably on of the most aggressive chunk tones out the box

The mode switch on the back has been my last bit of exploration. There is a 'polished 1' , 'polished 2' , and 'raw', the polished sounds very musical and fluid, but I love the raw because of the massive amount of chunk to the voicing. I am using the 'tight' position on the second channel instead of the 'fluid drive' now with the 'raw'

That's a quick in room clip. Trying to get the recording to sound better. Just two quick riffs. A lot more tweaking to go.

Back