Things that bug you about gear

I'm with Techseth on this one. I hate guitars going out of tune. I hate changing strings too. So much so that it affected my playing style as I was learning how to play. I would hold back a bit so I wouldn't break any strings.
I hate changing strings or doing repairs too lol

I hate changing strings or doing repairs too lol
Yes, sometime over the years I grew weary of changing strings. Especially on guitars equipped with the magical and wondrous Floyd Rose. But, I love to play on new and freshly stretched out strings. So, I have to change strings often.

I have been considering trying to teach a neighborhood kid who got into guitar last year to change strings on a Floyd. He could make some pocket money and I could avoid changing strings. But, I could also see the potential for disaster, as he says, “uhhhh, Michael, uhhh, I put the guitar down and got water, and FOR NO REASON when I returned, OUT OF NOWHERE, there were these HUGE GOUGE MARKS!! Uhhh, Michael, I suspect it COULD BE A RAT OR A LIZARD!!” (He is very dramatic when emphasizing his innocence and putting forth an alternative explanation and he has dropped some bombs in his short life that make zero sense and are actual impossibilities)

There are two local guitar techs who are dead average at best. But, if I venture across the bridge to SF, there are a handful of proficient to excellent guitar tech type dudes including Gary Brauer. He does epic setups, but has longer wait times, and he is deeper into the city than anyone else making the travel time twice as long over other techs.

I hate being judged for having objectophilia about my guitars and amps.
What's the big deal? I always wear a condom when playing with other peoples gear.
Whenever I go to an ampfest,I always ask permission before "plugging in".
I always wash my hands and I'm never really rough when fingering someone else's guitars.
But I wouldn't advise anyone else to get too close to my gear. Some of it has "stains" you might find gross.
Mailman never had an issue about it.

not having enough room so my music "area" is to cramped ... I think I have too many kids and not enough rooms in the house

I hate being judged for having objectophilia about my guitars and amps.
What's the big deal? I always wear a condom when playing with other peoples gear.
Whenever I go to an ampfest,I always ask permission before "plugging in".
I always wash my hands and I'm never really rough when fingering someone else's guitars.
But I wouldn't advise anyone else to get too close to my gear. Some of it has "stains" you might find gross.
Mailman never had an issue about it.
Poly is like a condom for guitars lol. Unacceptable imo for any $2k plus guitar to use that since were talking things that bug us

Back